Last Updated: May 2023
1. Information We Collect
Sources of Collection: We may obtain information about you from various sources, including:
- Directly from you: We collect information when you use our Services, such as when you register for an account, access specific features or content, or make product orders.
- Third parties: We may receive information about you from our parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, service providers, business partners, and other third parties.
Types of Information Collected: The information we collect about you may include, but is not limited to:
- Personal Information: Information that, either alone or in combination with other data, can be used to identify you.
- Demographic Information: General information about you that does not specifically identify you.
- Device Information: Information about the devices you utilize to access our Services.
- Usage Details: Dates, times, and durations of your use of the Services, including whether you are a first-time or repeat visitor.
- User Actions: Information about the actions you take while using our Services.
Automatic Collection: When you interact with our Services, we may also gather certain information through automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A "cookie" is a text file that websites transmit to a visitor's computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor's browser or store information or settings in the browser. A "web beacon," also known as an Internet tag, pixel tag, or clear GIF, is used to transmit information about user actions back to a web server. We may utilize third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics) that collect information about Service usage and user traffic.
Statistical Information: The information we automatically collect is primarily statistical data, which may include personal information. This data assists us in enhancing and personalizing our Services, including identifying and authenticating users.
2. Our Response to "Do Not Track" Signals
When you enable a "Do Not Track" (DNT) signal, it informs web applications not to track your online activities. You can find more information about DNT at https://allaboutdnt.com.
3. Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
4. How We Utilize the Information We Collect
We may employ the information we gather about you to:
- Process orders and fulfill other transactions you request through the Services, providing you with the products and services you seek.
- Send you the information or materials you request.
- Maintain records of your purchases and other transactions made through the Services.
- Respond to your inquiries, comments, and provide customer support.
- Communicate with you about our products, services, offers, and promotions.
- Operate, evaluate, and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyze and enhance our marketing communications and strategies.
- Analyze trends and statistics regarding the usage of the Services and transactions conducted through them.
- Safeguard against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, and other liabilities, as well as manage risk exposure, which may include identifying potential hackers and other unauthorized users.
- Enforce our Terms of Sale and other agreements.
- Comply with relevant legal requirements and industry standards.
Other Uses: We may also utilize the information we obtain about you in other ways, for which we will provide specific notice at the time of collection.
5. Disclosure of Information
Whom We Disclose To: We may disclose aggregated information about our users, as well as information that does not identify any individual user, without any restrictions.
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Contractors, service providers, and other third parties we engage to support our business operations.
- Comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including responding to government or regulatory requests.
- Enforce or apply our Terms of Sale and other agreements.
- Protect the rights, property, or safety of BuyGoods, users of the Services, or others, when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
- Third parties for marketing their products or services to you, unless you have opted out of such promotions.
- With your consent.
6. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to safeguard your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers protected by firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. However, please note that the transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the absolute security of the personal information you transmit to us, and there is always a risk involved. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. While we strive to employ effective security measures, we cannot ensure that these measures will never be defeated or fail, or that they will always be sufficient or effective in protecting your personal information.
7. Your Choices
We value your choices regarding the information we collect from you and how we communicate with you. You have the following options:
Cookies: Most web browsers offer settings to stop accepting new cookies, receive notifications when you receive a new cookie, and disable existing cookies. However, please note that disabling cookies may limit your ability to access all the features of our Services.
Promotional Communications: If you prefer not to receive promotional information about our products or services, you can opt out by logging into your account and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile. Additionally, if you have received a promotional email from us, you can unsubscribe from future promotional emails by following the instructions provided in the email.
Web Analytics: To opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you through Google Analytics on our website, you can visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Third-Party Advertising: If you do not want your personal information shared with third parties for their promotional purposes, you can opt out by:
- For BuyGoods clients, adjusting your user preferences in your account profile.
- For BuyGoods customers, opting out through your "frequent customer" account. If you don't have a "frequent customer" account, you can opt out by viewing your specific order number through the Site.
Please note that opting out will not affect personal information already shared with third parties before you opt out.
Third-Party Tracking: While we don't control how third parties collect or use your information for interest-based advertising or other targeted content, some of these third parties may provide opt-out mechanisms. You can opt out of receiving targeted advertisements from members of the Network Advertising Initiative by visiting https://www.networkadvertising.org/choices.
8. Accessing and Changing Your Information: You have the ability to review and modify the personal information associated with your account by:
- For BuyGoods clients, logging into your account and managing your personal information through your account or by sending an email request to support@BuyGoods.com.
- For BuyGoods customers, sending an email request to support@BuyGoods.com.
We may not be able to accommodate requests to change information if it would violate any laws, legal requirements, or cause the information to become incorrect.
9. Your California Privacy Rights: California residents using our Services have the right to request certain information about our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes under California Civil Code Section § 1798.83. To make such a request, please contact us by mailing your request to BuyGoods Inc, 1201 N Orange, Suite #7223, Wilmington, Delaware 19801, Attn: Privacy.
10. Children Under the Age of 13: Our Services are not directed towards children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from them. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from a child under 13, we will promptly delete it. If you believe we may have information about a child under 13, please contact us using the provided email address.
12. Data Transfers
We are headquartered in the United States, and when we collect information about you, it may be transferred, processed, and stored in countries outside your country of residence, including the United States, as outlined in our Data Transfer Addendum. By using our Services, you consent to the transfer, processing, and storage of your information in these countries, which may have different data protection laws than those in your own country.
13. Notice to EEA and UK Residents
At our company, we prioritize privacy and security in all aspects of our product and business development. We continuously assess our practices to ensure the effective protection of your personal information. We comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and aim to assist our users in their GDPR compliance obligations.
13.1 Legal Basis
13.2 Transfers of Data
13.3 Retention of Data
We retain personal information only for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested or as required by applicable law.
13.4 Your Rights
Under the GDPR, you have certain rights regarding your personal information. These rights include the ability to access, correct, update, and delete your personal information. You also have the right to object to the further processing of your personal information and to request the portability of your personal information. To exercise these rights, please contact us using the email address provided below.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for the collection, storage, and processing of your personal information at any time. To do so, please contact us using the email address provided below.
13.6 Data Protection Authority
If you have any concerns or complaints about the processing of your personal information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with an applicable data protection authority. For more information, please refer to your local data protection authority, whose contact details can be found here.
13.7 Privacy Shield
14. Contact Us